Kasco Solar Powered RA2 Diffused Aeration System
The Kasco® Solar Panels allow their RA2 Diffused Aeration Systems to be powered by the sun instead of electrical power or both. Controllers integrate a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to convert DC power to AC power. These Solar Powered Aeration Systems are a reliable and optimal option for ponds located too far off the grid power or to save on electrical costs.
The Kasco® Solar RA Diffused Aeration Systems are available as Solar Power Only and Solar + Power Grid.
Solar Power Only Controller
Solar-only systems use solar energy to maximize operation during daylight hours. In partial sunlight (morning and afternoon) the system will run at a reduced speed extending the daily run time. These packages include the PicoCell™.
Solar + Power Grid Blend Controller
These systems utilize solar power during the day and grid power at night to provide 24/7 performance. These packages include the PicoBlender™ 2500 Control Panel.
PV Solar Panels
Minimun 325+ watt polycrystalline photovoltaic panels. Dimensions 77" x 39" x 1.6". Operating in Temperature Range from -40°F to 185°F
The Kasco® Robust-Aire™ RA2 Solar Aeration Systems are highly efficient, reliable, and durable aeration systems that induce oxygen transfer, beneficial water movement, and mixing to ponds up to 3 Acres, 8 to 50 feet deep.
3-Year Warranty for Compressors, 1-Year Warranty for Controllers, 10-Year Warranty for Solar Panels.
Installation is quick and easy. These RA1 Solar Aeration Systems come complete with everything you need!
Solar Package Includes:
- 4 Solar Panels
- PicoCell™ 3500 Controller or PicoBlender™ 2500 Control Panel
- 1 high post driven ground mount
- Panel racking system
- Solar panel connector cables
- DC disconnect
- 2 - 100ft rolls of 3/8 ID weighted aeration tubing, connectors, and adapter fittings
- 1/4 Hp single-piston Tech-Aire compressor
- Two Diffuser Assemblies
- Powder-coated aluminum Post-Mount cabinet with acoustical foam, key lock, and a 110 CFM cooling fan
Benefits of the RA2 Solar Aeration System
- Allows Kasco units to operate at the same high-performance standards!
- The best alternative for aerating ponds where electricity is not an option
- Low maintenance rocking-piston compressor
- Solar Powered and Solar + Grid options
- Blend option reduces electrical costs
- Controller includes status LED's and GFCI motor protection
- Eliminates thermal and chemical stratification
- Increases oxidation at the bottom to speed up organic decomposition
- Expands fish habitat
*Installation requires two (2) 18 in. diameter x 5 ft deep holes for posts to be backfilled with concrete. Customer must source ground rod, clamp, and copper wire.